Malawi Andy

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vagrants

Coming home from Church on Sunday's, I have found the girls walking with boys or talking to a small group of them hanging outside our gate on several occassions.  Usually, I join in the conversation until the boys feel uncomfortable and leave which usuallly happens immediately after I greet them, but I have even told them directly that they should be moving along.  I realize its not bad, but there is something about the way they are just hovering around that is very vulturish.  I am begining to develop an involuntary reflex response in the arm that many Fathers might have which causes a motion that would be suitable for the cocking of shotgun.  I talked to the girls who don't seem too interested in the vagrants, and they said that when a teacher chases the boys away the boys say they don't care and will "keep the fire burning."  Knowing this might not help the twitch in my arm, but it isn't a problem as long as they keep the fire burning somewhere else.