Malawi Andy

Friday, June 02, 2006

Visitors

My sister and cousin have arrived in Malawi for a three week visit.  I think the first thing I said to Rita when she got off the plane was "you look terrible" which, while being very true was understandable after a total trip of about 48 hours including delays and layovers, was more for her peace of mind that I am still her brother and haven't changed all that much.  She suggested the possibility that since I haven't seen her in almost two years it might be just what she looks like now.  Of course, after a night of rest at the Sister's house nearby she was looking like the sister, plus two years, I expected to see. To ensure Rita's safety on the trip, my parents sent along our well-traveled first cousin once removed, Dottie.  She appeared to have handled the trip very well as she is an experienced traveler (Cuba, Antartica, etc.) and should be a lot of fun around the school.  There are plans for to teach of few classes and talk to the students as much as possible.  A few students were waiting at the house for us to arrive and Rita and Dottie were swarmed by the entire boarding that night after Friday adoration.  A student came up to me after greeting Rita and said "That is your sister?  She is beautiful!"  Now I am starting to wonder why she was surprised.