Malawi Andy

Friday, December 02, 2005

Birthdays

We've celebrated a few birthdays in the past few months.  Mine was in October, Gary's was in November, and so was Ewa's.  Thanks to an article in the paper placed by my mom, I was inundated with cards and letters which was really cool.  One, because it was good to hear from so many people and two, because it made the other volunteers jealous.  So thanks to everyone thinking of us here in Malawi.  We celebrated the birthdays like most birthdays are celebrated, I think.  We invited the priests teaching at the local seminary over to say mass in our living room and then they joined us for dinner followed by a rowdy game of Uno...that's normal, right?  I think I am losing all concept of reality.  Anyways, we managed to make cake and have a few drinks and it was a really good time.