Malawi Andy

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back Home

So I am back home now and things are going well. I don't know how long I will continue to post but a few things have been popping into my head since coming back and maybe it will be good to write them down. Anyways, there were requests for pictures and now that I have a more reliable internet connection, it will be easier to do.

I have just received word on the results from the government exams the Form 4's took last year. Out of 37 students that took the exam 28 of them passed which was above the national average of a 50% pass rate. For the computer exam, 35 of the students passed with 9 of the students receiving a credit (C or above, 6 credits are required to pass overall). I am happy with the results, but wonder how good they would have been had they had a teacher who actually knew what he was doing and not making it up as he went along. Oh well.