Malawi Andy

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Last Post From Malawi

So the two years are finished.  If I still had any concept of time, I could say something like "Wow, it's really flown by!" or "It's been the longest two years of my life!".  Thanks to my two years in Africa, my time meter is shot and it honestly feels like both of those at the same time.  There are a lot of things that I am glad to be doing for the last time, at least for a while (beans, rice, and cabbage), but there are also a lot of people that I would rather not say goodbye to forvever.  Posting to a blog while here was sort of an afterthought (not even mine actually), but it was a good one because it became and opportunity for me to sit and think about something good, or at least funny, that happened in the week.  Since that's the way I looked at it, a lot of not so nice things were left out.  I'm not against talking about the not nice things, but they just weren't the kind of things I enjoyed typing.  Tomorrow, we head to Rome to meet the incoming volunteers.  Then we are going to Poland to visit Gabi before she heads out to mission again in Bolivia.  From Poland, we will visit Natasha in Slovenia who is about as Africa crazy as a person can be.  After which, we will visit Fr. Antonio in Italy for a retreat.  I haven't mentioned Fr. Antonio, which is an unforgiveable oversight.  He is a Comboni Father who was here in Malawi for our first year and was a big help to all of us.  I have a few more things that I wanted to post, but who knows how it will go.  I'm pretty tired.  I think I'll go home now.