Malawi Andy

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Term 3 Begins

Classes are back in session and everything is back to "normal" (honestly I'm really not sure what "normal" means anymore or even if it is possible).  I was totally ready to get back to school, but as it turned out my students were ready either so I had a little extra prep time.  The students tend to drizzle back in over the course of the first two weeks.  In the secondary it isn't a problem because if a few students are missing there are still 30 or 40 to teach.  On the other hand, in my accounting classes there are only four students so if a few students don't show up...well, there aren't any.  I was up to 2 by the end of the week so I had a chance to review the term exam with a little more one on one attention.  Parent teacher meetings were today and they went well even thouh not many parents came.  I was hoping to have more form 3 parents because I had the lab open and students assigned answer questions about the class for them, but what can one do.