Malawi Andy

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Legend Continues

Something I find amusing at this school which I'm sure is common to most schools is the number of keys and rooms you need to go through to get anything done.  For instance, Gary has the key for his computer lab, but the circuit breaker for the lab is in the typing room.  So when the breaker trips which it frequently does, he needs to find Kateri who is charge of the typing classes to find the key for the typing room so that he can turn the breaker back on so he can continue class.  Something similar happened when the breaker tripped for the science room and I need to go through three or four sets of keys to get find the room with the right circuit panel.  In order to get into the staff room after hours, I need the key to the college offices which thankfully also has the key to Sister Evelyn's office where I can get the key to the Administration Office where I can find the key to the Staff Room.  Then the way out involves going back through all of those rooms to return the keys before I leave.  I'm reminded of the Legend of Zelda everytime it happens.  Now if I can only find the potion to help me speak Chichewa and the magic flute that will do all of my grading for me.